After its launch in USA during late summer 2013, Moto X is coming to UK, Germany and France. Availability in other European markets is not clear. The device is now listed in the Motorola website of the respective countries.
The phone is priced €429 in France. In UK the buyers need to pay as per the contract rate that goes from £0 on contract purchases to £380 off contract. The price of the moto X now in US is $399. The price was $599 at the launch which was brought down recently as a part of promotional sales.
According to a Motorola official they have sold tens of thousand pieces within 8 minutes after the promotion was on. Whether they follow the same strategy in other markets is to be seen. If they do, when is the question?
A disappointing fact for many buyers will be the absence of Moto Maker in European version of the device. Moto Maker lets the users to customize the phone to a great extend.
It is long since the phone was launched so you may need to refresh the specifications of the device in your mind.
Moto X specifications
- 4.7 inches AMOLED display with 720p resolution
- 2G/3G/4G LTE bands supported
- Android 4.4 Kitkat OS
- 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- 16 GB / 32 GB internal storage
- WiFi/ Bluetooth connectivity
- 10 MP rear camera with LED flash, record 1080p Full HD video at 30fps
- 2 MP Front camera, records full HD video
- 2200 mAH battery
- weighs 130g,
Source: Motorola Germany / Motorola UK