Sony has launched the Xperia Z3 flagship device in India. Sony has recognized India as a key smartphone market, a reason why the phone is made available in the country soon after the global launch. Sony Xperia Z3 was launched during the recent IFA berlin, where they launched the device along with Z3 compact and Z3 tablet compact. The phone come with a price tag of Rs. 51,990.
Xperia Z3 is a gradual progression from the previous version Xperia Z2. While the key features like water, dust proof design, full HD display, 20.7 MP camera sensor etc are retained, the latest version comes with a faster CPU. The Xperia Z3 is sleeker, lighter and thinner than the Xperia Z2. Appearance wise there is not much of a difference between the two.
Also See: Sony Xperia Z3 vs Sony Xperia Z2
Key specifications of Sony Xperia Z3 are listed below.
- 5.2 inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display
- 1920 x 1080p resolution; 16M colors, ~424 ppi pixel density
- Triluminos display, X-reality engine, shatter proof glass
- IP68 certified – dust proof and water resistant over 1 meter and 30 minutes
- 2.5 GHz Krait 400 CPU
- Adreno 330 GPU
- Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801
- 3 GB of RAM
- 16 GB/ 32 GB internal storage versions
- microSD cards up to 128 GB
- 2G, 3G, 4G network connectivity
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- HSDPA, 42 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.8 Mbps; LTE, Cat4, 50 Mbps UL, 150 Mbps DL data speeds
- microUSB v2.0 (MHL 3), USB On-the-go, USB Host
- 20.7 MP rear camera; records 2160p videos @ 30fps
- 2.2 MP front camera
- Android 4.4.4 Kitkat OS
- 3100 mAh battery