OnePlus One may reach India sooner than expected. The phone has gone through the certification process, and they have found the General Manager for Indian Operations.
From his recent posting there is more to believe that the company is weighing its option to launch the device during this Diwali, which falls on October 23, this year. The OnePlus Global Director, Carl Pei has posted more about this in a most recent post on Oneplus official forum. More details about the launch will be known in the following week.
According to Carl, the entire OnePlus team is excited of adding India as their next destination. The last information we had about the device was the 64 GB OnePlus One will be available in India for less than Rs. 25,000. The device that was launched in April this year sells for $349 (64 GB) and $299 (16 GB).
The company is also working on the pre-order system, and it is just around the corner. OnePlus currently sells the products through an invite system. Many in India, however, have already managed to get hold of device through the global delivery.
OnePlus One is a feature rich device with powerful specifications, and what is more exciting is the low pricing. It is much cheaper than the phones that have similar specs. Unlike other Android devices, OnePlus One runs CyanogenMod operating system, which is a custom ROM developed around Android.
OnePlus One will be competing with the Xiaomi Mi4, which is also expected any time soon India. The specifications of both the devices are almost identical, except that the OnePlus One features a bigger display and Custom ROM. Both the devices will have prices starting from Rs. 18,000 in India.
Also See: OnePlus One vs Xiaomi Mi4
Key specifications of OnePlus One
- 5.5 inch LTPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- 1920 x 1080p resolution, 16M colors, ~401 ppi pixel density
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400
- Adreno 330
- Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801
- 3 GB of RAM
- 16/ 64 GB internal storage, no card slot
- 13 MP rear camera
- 5 MP front camera
- Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat), upgradable to v4.4.4 (KitKat) CyanogenMod 11S
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass sensors
- microUSB v2.0, USB On-the-go, USB Host
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth v4.1, A2DP
- 2G, 3G, 4G network band support
- Silk White, Sandstone Black color variants
- 3100 mAh Lithium polymer battery