Amazon has launched a #theonething campaign on twitter as a part of the launch of OnePlus One in India. OnePlus is expected to launch the device in India next week. A teaser of OnePlus One also appeared on the official twitter handle as a part of the exclusive launch. It is already a known fact that the device will be launched in India any time soon.
The company had successfully completed the necessary certification that is required to sell the device to public. This is considered the last hurdle a communication device need to face before the official launch. Now that the Amazon has started the OnePlus campaign it means that the device will be launched as early as next week.
OnePlus One is phenomenal device that comes packed will extreme specifications and is referred to as the flagship killer. It runs cyanogenmod OS which differentiate device from the rest of the Android OS run phones. Cyanogenmod OS is a customized ROM built upon the Android OS which makes it more appealing and intuitive compared to the stock android phones. Cyanogen being a live community, the updates arrive at regular intervals.
Another specialty of the device is obviously its pricing, it comes at half the price of other flagship devices from global OEMs like Samsung, HTC, LG etc. OnePlus one is expected to be priced below Rs.25,000 for the 64 GB device. The price of 16 GB OnePlus One in India is expected to be around Rs. 18,000.
Until the company started the pre-order service on October 27 for US customers, the device was only available through invites. The invite system had received several criticism from all corners. However, the company managed to do sales beyond expectations.
While the Amazon claims exclusive deal sign up with OnePlus in India, it is unclear whether the company will continue with the invite system in India. In a recent statement the company had said that it will have invite system and the pre-order system well in place.
OnePlus One Specifications
- 5.5 inch LTPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- 1920 x 1080p resolution, 16M colors, ~401 ppi pixel density
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400
- Adreno 330
- Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801
- 3 GB of RAM
- 16/ 64 GB internal storage, no card slot
- 13 MP rear camera
- 5 MP front camera
- Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat), upgradable to v4.4.4 (KitKat) CyanogenMod 11S
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass sensors
- microUSB v2.0, USB On-the-go, USB Host
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth v4.1, A2DP
- 2G, 3G, 4G network band support
- Silk White, Sandstone Black color variants
- 3100 mAh Lithium polymer battery
source: Amazon Twitter