A happy news for all the Xiaomi lovers in India. The Chinese smartphone maker is all set to launch their ultra affordable Android smartphone, the Redmi 3S in the country with in days. The interesting thing is that the company is launching the upgraded version, before it introducing the Redmi 3 in India.
Redmi 3S is set to launch in a special event which is going to be held in New Delhi on August 3rd. The Redmi 3S, which already made its market entry in China last month offers some extra bits compared to Redmi 3. It comes with Qualcomm’s new 64 bit class Snapdragon 430 Octa processor along with Adreno 505 graphic support.
Specifications of Redmi 3S
- 5-inch HD IPS display with 1280 x 720 pixels
- Octa core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 64 bit processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB/3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB/32GB internal storage options
- The storage is expandable upto 128 GB
- MIUI on the top of Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Hybrid dual SIM(micro+nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5 MP front facing camera
- Finger print sensor, Infrared sensor4G LTE, Wi-fi 802.11 b/g/n, bluetooth 4.1, GPS+GLONASS
- 4000 mAh battery.
The phone comes in a dark grey, silver and gold colors.There is no word on the pricing of the device. But it is available in China for US$108 for 2G/16GB versions, and US$138 for 3GB/32GB version, which will be around 7200 and 9200 respectively. The company is offering a live stream of the event on c.mi.com. Stay tuned.